Here’s what’s happening at Holy Trinity Inwood.
- Thur., May 24, Ecumenical Taize Service, 7pm at Good Shepherd Church
- Sun., May 27, Trinity Sunday cookout, 12-2pm.
- Mon., May 28, Memorial Day, Church Office closed
- Wed., Jun. 13 to July 25, Summer Study on the Psalms begins, 7pm in the Vicarage
- Sun., Jun. 17, Advisory Board Meeting, 12-2pm
- Wed., Jul. 4, 4th of July Holiday, Church Office closed
- Sun., Jul. 15, Advisory Board Meeting, 12-2pm (No Advisory Board meeting in August)
- Jul 30 – Aug 12, Church Office closed
- Sun., Aug. 26, Morning Prayer, 10:30am (No Communion)
- Mon., Sep. 3, Labor Day, Church Office closed
Ecumenical Taize Service, May 24, 7pm
Come to a Taize prayer service on Thursday, May 24, at 7 pm at Church of the Good Shepherd. We will gather in the chapel of San Damiano Retreat Center, 630 Isham St. (at the corner of Seaman Avenue). There will be hymns in English and Spanish, Scripture readings, and veneration of the Cross. Christians of all denominations are welcome. We will offer special intentions for undocumented immigrants who are fighting for the right to remain in the United States.
Summer Study on the Psalms, Wednesdays, June 13 to July 25 at 7pm in the (air-conditioned) Vicarage
Would you throw your enemy’s baby against a rock? Pray for someone to lose their job and have everything stolen? Or just wish they’d dig a big hole and fall in it? All this anger (and a good deal of joy to balance things out) is found in the Psalms. If you’ve ever wondered what’s really going on with these short songs we read every Sunday, you are not alone. C.S. Lewis was scratching his head, too. So he wrote a book about them, “Reflections on the Psalms,” which we’ll study together this summer. Along the way we’ll listen to some Gregorian and Anglican chant, and some modern “psalmists” like Bruce Springsteen. We might even try our hand at writing our own psalms. We’ll conclude by looking at how we’re currently incorporating the psalms in our Sunday worship (cantor verses / congregational refrain) and consider possible alternatives. (No meeting July 4th. Please email the Vicar at firstname.lastname@example.org to join the study.)
Last updated: May 23, 2018.