[Holy Trinity Inwood, Manhattan] Parishioners, neighbors, and friends gathered on Trinity Sunday, June 16, 2019, to say goodbye to their old church sanctuary.
The Rt. Rev. Allen Shin, suffragan bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of New York, presided over the service of deconsecration and the secularization of the church. Over 50 people attended the afternoon service.
The church was built a temporary structure 96 years ago for the Inwood Mission of the Redeemer. The mission merged with Holy Trinity Church New York in 1927. Plans for a gothic-style church and rectory on the corner of Seaman Avenue and Cumming Street were never completed.
Neighbors and friends joined parishioners at a cookout and potluck following the service. Worship services will be held next week in the Parish House.